I love a simple, easy meal that's filling and calls for leftovers. Poppyseed Chicken Casserole fits the criteria for me. It's simple--just a few ingredients. It's easy--it's a casserole! Just assemble and bake for 40 min.
It can easily be made healthier (that's how I eat it.) The pictures aren't doing it justice, I tell ya. It tastes much better than it looks. I served mine with grilled baked brussel sprouts, but many serve this dish over rice.
POPPYSEED CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted (I use low-fat)
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream (again, low-fat)
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds (completely optional, but it's in the title!)
- 31 round buttery crackers, crushed (Ritz! Low-fat)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (I can't believe it's not butter)
1. Combine first 4 ingredients. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
2. Stir together cracker crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
3. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly
Have you ever made Poppyseed Chicken Casserole? What's your fave casserole to make/eat?