It's time for DATE NIGHT! But what to do? Another dinner and a movie? Boring. Fly to Paris? I wish--too expensive! No need to fret--Elle Sees has plenty of ideas to make your next date night a fun and cheap experience!
- Dine al fresco (or picnic inside)! Two of my good friends actually picnicked on a median (!) in the middle of a non-busy street. People honked and waved as they did so. Unusual, right?
- Camp outside! Put up the tent outside and make the s'mores.Or even camp indoors!
- Cook dinner together. Feed each other some of it.
- Dress up, cook dinner, and have "restaurant night" at home (or take out!).
- Read poetry to each other over a delicious dessert.
- Have a party for 2 at home--you decide the theme!
- Shut off all electric devices (including lights). Candles only. Have fun.
- Make it a music night & an instant dance party! Include some slow songs.
- Slumber party...party of 2 that is! Rent movies (preferably a scary movie with the lights off!) & pop the popcorn. Or rent a movie you've never seen or heard of!
- Boardgames & card games & video games--include cheap prizes
- Show a movie outside under the stars (rent a projector & put up a sheet as your screen.)
- Rediscover your hometown. Be a tourist! Do all of the touristy things you never thought you'd do. There are some hidden gems in even the smallest of towns!
- Go to different spots in your city and have strangers take your picture. Make a photo album or scrapbook of the day.
- Make breakfast together.
- Go to the closest big city and do the touristy things there. Take silly pics while you're at it!
- If the weather's nice, get a cheap wading pool, fashion a chaise out of pallets, and mix a drink for instant oasis.
- Set up a little spa area--complete with a DIY pedi! Light the candles and relax. Give each other massages.
- Or create your own beach retreat!
- Star gaze.
- Relive your first date (or recreate as closely as possible).
- Mystery date! One person plans everything. Be sure to switch off next time.
- Do a restaurant crawl. Have a drink at one restaurant, appetizers at another, main course somewhere else, and finish with dessert at the last place. Or do it in reverse!
- Go to a dive bar and play darts or pool.
- Grab brunch.
- Listen to a poetry reading or improv comedy!
- Meet at a bar independently & flirt like you've never met.
- Go to a free outdoor concert (or any concert).
- Karaoke...if you dare!
- Visit the zoo, fair, carnival, or aquarium.
- Go to a flea market, garage sale, or antique shopping
- Get a hotel for the night in your town! Can't afford that? Do a house-swap with friends for a night! Or stay in your guest room in your own house!
- Roadtrip! Even if it's a ride to nowhere in particular.
- Most museums are cheap or free once a month. Dress up & go visit!
- Do a cocktails & canvas (or any type of class) together. Many are super cheap!
- Volunteer together.
- Take dance lessons--youtube, restaurants, clubs, or dance studios.
- Universities always have student art shows. Go visit and maybe you might find something awesome--for cheap!
- Listen to the orchestra (local or university) or watch a play.
- There are plenty of Fall Festivals this time of year!
- Test drive a car.
- Grab a sweet dessert to share or a coffee.
- Go to a store and challenge each other to find a really sweet/creative/romantic gift for $10 or $20.
- Play a boardgame, card game, video game.
- Fly a kite.
- Blow bubbles.
- Go bowling.
- Pick local produce (fruits or veggies) together. (Did y'all ever do that as a school field trip?)
- Go hiking.
- Put together a puzzle.
- Draw with chalk.
- Go rollerskating/blading either outside or at the local skating rink.
- Visit an arcade and challenge each other.
- Have a watergun fight.
- Play on the playground--have a picnic there, swing on the swings or chase each other around.
- Play a sport together or take a lesson on it.
- Into sports? Watch the kids play locally. Or support a local sports team--no matter how bad they are.
Do you have any cheap date ideas NOT listed above? Please share in the comments!
This post is tracker-protected, meaning I can see who plagiarizes this post.
Please do not copy this post.