This outfit was originally inspired by the fact that I couldn't find anything to wear. I decided to go back to basics, with a staple every girl should have in her closet: the white tee. As I constructed the outfit, I realized not only did I have a cute, versatile outfit, but it was actually patriotic for America's upcoming holiday. Serendipitous, indeed.
Here's my inspiration board breakdown:
- Basic white tee. Pay as much as you'd like, but the cheapo ones work fine for me. I suggest getting one a size or two bigger than what you wear. I could easily come up with a hundred ways and uses for the white tee. Don't forget a V-neck one as well.
- These cropped jeans from American Eagle are super cute and comfy.
- I love the colors in this scarf--reminds me of a watercolor painting. It's also patriotic!
- These summer sandals are comfortable and don't overpower the rest of the outfit. Maybe wedges are more your style?
- An armful of bangles adorn my tan arms. These pick up the colors in the scarf nicely.
- Y'all know I love my makeup! I'd spritz on a little Clean perfume to match my basic and clean outfit.
- My toes would have a classic red polish on them.
- I love NARS lip gloss and this red color is just enough red for me, since I'm not brave about wearing red lips!
- I gotta have my mascara, and this Pro-Curl XXL from Maybelline is really popular this summer.
So whether you're having a picnic, running some errands on a weekend, or just watching the fireworks, this Back to Basics outfit is perfect.
What's your favorite BACK TO BASICS outfit YOU wear? And for the Americans, what do YOU wear on the 4th of July?