Cushion foundations are popping up in drugstores, and I'm a huge fan. Maybelline released their cushion foundation this month (review here) and I wanted to compare it to L'Oreal's version. Neither have SPF, by the way.
Maybelline DREAM CUSHION™
FRESH FACE LIQUID FOUNDATION
- 8 shades
- "Dream Cushion™ Fresh Face Liquid Foundation delivers complete luminous coverage for fresh-faced perfection."
- INGREDIENTS AQUA / WATER / EAU BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE METHYL TRIMETHICONE DIMETHICONE DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE GLYCERIN LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE PENTYLENE GLYCOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL TRISILOXANE PEG-10 DIMETHICONE TALC MAGNESIUM SULFATE ACRYLATES/STEARYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER PHENOXYETHANOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER LAUROYL LYSINE ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE ASCORBIC ACID PANTHENOL ADENOSINE PANAX GINSENG ROOT DISODIUM EDTA TOCOPHEROL CITRIC ACID
L'Oreal TRUE MATCH™ Lumi Cushion Foundation
- 16 shades (usually 12 can be found)
- Luminous finish with sheer to medium coverage
- Ingredients: AQUA / WATER / EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL, TRIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURYL PEG-9, POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL, DIMETHICONE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRISILOXANE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ACRYLATES/STEARYL, ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE, METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LAUROYL LYSINE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID,
STEARIC ACID, ALUMINA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, LECITHIN, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ADENOSINE,
POLYGLYCERYL-3, POLYRICINOLEATE, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENYLETHYL RESORCINOL, TOCOPHEROL
The packaging is pretty much the same on the inside and out, as they are made in the same place.
The coverage is better on the Maybelline, pictured left, but both give sheer-medium coverage. L'Oreal is on your right.
I've applied Maybelline to one side (left) and L'Oreal to the other (right). I'm wearing the Zooeva Cocoa palette that I won from Zoe's blog, by the way!
And here's a shot of them both, and it's hard to tell the difference, isn't it?
I'm using lighting here to demonstrate the luminous aspect.
So which was better?
This really depends on your preference. I felt like Maybelline had better coverage but definitely showed my fine lines more on my dry skin. They both lasted the same amount of time, and I wasn't able to get a full day of wear. I like them both, but personally, I like L'Oreal more. I have compared these to compacts from Lancome, Sulwhasoo, and Laniege and found the two I reviewed to be different from those, but similar to one from Amore Pacifc.
Have you tried these? Which is your fave?
I went a little crazy in the dollar section of Target for Valentine's Day stuff. They get me every time!
I can't believe we had snow on the ground still on Monday and 70 by Friday.