Here's why you need one:
- lightweight (hello, summer temps)
- concentrated, but gives coverage like a foundation
- made for dry and oily skin types (just find the right one)
- added bonus of skincare ingredients/benefits
- "no makeup-makeup" or "airbrushed" are common in serum foundations
- some have SPF
- pricey, but you only need a drop or two
You know those concentrated detergents, where you only need a little? This is kind of like that--you only need a couple of drops to get lightweight coverage.
- Shake it well
- Use a drop or two (depends on coverage level you want)
- Can be applied using a brush, fingers, or sponge
Sounds good, right? Here are a few to check out:
For combo/oily skin:
- Juice Beauty PHYTO-PIGMENTS Flawless Serum Foundation--combo skin and for sensitive skin
- Bare Minerals Bare Skin--Def for slightly dry to combo skin--I swear I am the only person who likes this stuff!
- Kevyn Aucoin--oil-free but yet luminous coverage
- Dior Nude Air--Talc-free
- No 7 Airbrush Away--Get this at Target or Walgreens.
- Josie Maran Matchmaker Serum Foundation--Made with argan oil and works to match your foundation
- Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum--Easy to build up coverage
- ELF Foundation Serum--Love how this looks on me, but it does break me out if I wear it every day. But only $8
- Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Foundation--SPF 40 and helps to give look of tightened skin
Have you ever tried serum foundations?
Some good news after the not-so-great stuff lately: Over the weekend my Pinterest reached 10k followers and my Bloglovin reached 3k! Thank you if you've followed!
Found a tiny secret park that's dog-friendly in my neighborhood. Charlie and I are making plans to investigate further.