The Old: So over Thanksgiving my Grandmother gave me a bunch of slides (I know, what? I've never seen a projector, nor remember them) featuring my first day of school and my first beauty pageant. It was bittersweet because my late great-granny, late grandfather, and late father are in there.
I sent them off to be turned into pictures, and paid for them, but was told it would be a DVD. It would take a month. Christmas I went to see if they were ready. They weren't. I called January. And February. I called Headquarters and they assured me all would be well. It wasn't. Long story short, I finally got them this past weekend. And I had to pay again for them since they had no record of my receipt. It was frustrating, but I love seeing those memories. They make me happy.
The New: Something else that makes me happy? NEW BEAUTY STUFF! Yes, I stalk Sephora's Just Arrived section for the latest beauty goodies pretty much on the regular. Take that bit of info coupled with the new release emails I get, and you have one excited beauty girl. Here are 4 new releases you have GOT to try. These are SO good, y'all.
|I purchased these from Sephora. Links are below. All are paraben-free.|
Bumble And Bumble Surf Foam Spray
- A lightweight, part mousse-part salt spray formula for big, beachy texture with heat-styled polish.
- Infused with the signature salt mineral complex, this frothy foam-mousse hybrid provides an elevated, polished blow dry with Surf’s trademark texture.
- It provides the most volume and lift in the Surf family while delivering a beach protective blend that’s infused with coconut water and UVA/UVB filters to help protect against the drying effects of the sun. I got mine at Sephora.
- My take: gives texture and volume to hair without weighing it down or feeling crunchy
- A no-blot lip stain with a felt tip that provides opaque lip color with a matte finish.
- Its long-lasting formula moisturizes and provides a full-coverage lip stain that stays put all day.
- My take: The easiest way to apply color to lips. It's like a magic marker! Fun.
- Milk Makeup is a high art but low maintenance line. Think a makeup line designed by art students but not complicated products. I also love the roll on bronzer and cooling stick, which are pictured. Get this at Sephora or Urban Outfitters.
- A triple-edged eyeliner guide that’s perfect for using with pencils, gels, and liquid eyeliners.
- Three distinct sides, each designed for a different look, will help provide a steady hand and make it easy to create liner symmetry.
- This product includes a five times magnifying mirror and suction cup that allows the compact to placed on any hard surface. Place the flexible, silicone guide above or below the eye as you apply mascara to keep makeup intact and mascara only on your lashes.
- My take: The easiest cat eye ever.
- Currently sold out, but I would suggest hitting up the Sephora at JcPenney's. I was able to find them in 2 stores, and before they were released online!
- An ultra lightweight hairspray that builds incredible volume and texture.
- Part hairspray, part dry shampoo, this talc-free multitasker is the ultimate go-to product to achieve innately cool model-off-duty hair.
- This product is Scented with Ouai No. 3 fragrance, containing notes of Italian bergamot, water lily, and white musk.
- My take: I've really been impressed with this line, started by hairstylist Jen Atkins. I would suggest the mousse, dry shampoo, and the treatment masque. I love the scent, but be sure to sniff before purchasing.
Which of these would you like to try?