Y'all, I can't help it. I love a glow on my skin. I also love a good deal when I can find one, especially when it comes to beauty. For today's Is It a Dupe? I've got two similar products that deliver that glow. And they are both SO good.
First up, MAC Strobe Cream:
MAC Strobe Cream (pictured is travel size)
- MAC stores and online
- $33 full size (travel is $10, but currently unavailable)
- 1.7 fl oz
- Use this moisturizer as a pearlescent base before applying makeup to give skin a glow or on top of makeup to bring highlight to facial areas
- NYX online, ULTA
- 1 oz
- Use the same way as with the MAC Strobe Cream
So they both sound similar, but how do they look swatch-wise?
Here they are as applied and as rubbed in.
- NYX is a bit runnier in texture and is a bit more noticeable.
- MAC is a cream as the name implies, and there is a bit more of that iridescent pearl finish
And here's how they look applied (flash is used to enhance the products):
MAC Strobe Cream is on your left, NYX is on your right. Since this delivers a natural glow, photos don't do it justice of how nice it looks in person, and I am wearing a dewy foundation to help! In person on the skin they look identical, so on me NYX is a dupe. MAC lasts a little longer, but overall you'd be happy with either. I don't recommend wearing them every single day (dimethicone can break some of us out), but they're great if you like a glow! I like them because they're one of the few that I can get to work on many skin tones.
What so-called dupe would you like tested out next?
- $500 is up for grabs on this giveaway! Enter here.
- This week has been dragging for me--I think it's because I've been working until 7pm every night. I'm ready for the weekend!
- Thanks for your kind words on my last post. Can you believe that post was rejected by a sponsor?