I admit it.
I don't keep up with the Kardashians. I've never seen an episode of the show.
As a beauty blogger, I know about their beauty line (eh, not my fave, minus Kylie's Lip Kit) and their hair care line (love it ALL).
But we all know who they are--at least from what is shown in the media.
On a whim, I decided to download all of the Kardashian/Jenner apps. I wanted to know what was behind the tabloid fodder. So I downloaded the Kardashian Apps, and here's what I think:
- 5 apps available for Iphones and Androids, one for each sister
- Free first week and then $2.99 each month, per app
- Each app opens with a screen bearing the sister's name for around 5 seconds while it loads. Then a picture of the sister (like pictured above) loads for another 4 or 5 seconds. These pics are changed usually monthly (depends on the sister). I hope this long loading time of around 10 seconds improves.
- Each app has different categories, like style and beauty. You can see a couple of examples above from Khloe and Kim.
- The categories are titled to something specific for that sister. For example, Khloe's style posts are called Since You Were Creepin. Kendall's style is called What I Wore.
- Here are some examples:
- Style (all)
- Beauty (Kim, Kylie)
- Personal (all--think of these as an editor's note in a magazine)
- Videos (all--these can be on makeup, hair, behind the scenes, home tours, etc)
- #tbt (all)
- Sister Sundays (usually similar to a #tbt)
- IG Saturdays (all--a roundup of all of the best IG posts from that sister's account)
- Recipes (Khloe, Kourtney)
- Current Obsessions (all)
- Fave Posts of the Week (all)
- My thoughts:
- Not a fan of the IG Saturdays (I don't follow them on Insta, but I think for fans it would be really redundant.)
- I also dislike the fave posts of the week--this is a waste of post, since it's recapping what's already on the app for the week.
- Everything else I've enjoyed checking out.
- Khlo-c-d: Vidoes of her very organized house. Google her oreo cookie jar to be amazed.
- Work Out--tips and work outs, gear, videos
- Mom stuff
- Healthy recipes
- Kid stuff
- Hair and makeup tutorials
- Her #tbt aren't just pictures, but a voice over video of her talking about the pics
- House tours and lots of hair/makeup tutorials
- Nail posts
- Radio--you can play her playlist while you view the app or stream it
- Model life bts
- Live Streams--An icon for that sister's app pops up on your phone when they are live. These have been everything from Kylie hanging out at her house, Khloe at Thanksgiving, Kim at NYE or Christmas. There is usually a live stream at least once a month.
- Behind the Scenes--Sometimes this is from an event that happened (like a magazine cover) and sometimes it is the day after a major event.
- Exclusive News--Usually the app is the first to see something big in their lives (Saint West's birth).
- Outfits and Items--I like that they link (if possible) to the exact item(s) from the picture or post as well as a much more affordable version of the item(s).
- Videos--These are mostly tutorials, and are well shot.
|Loading screens from each app. These are changed monthly, usually.|
The reviews seem consistent from both Itunes and Play Store: Khloe and Kendall have the highest rated, while Kylie has the lowest.
- Kourtney just launched her app, but there is so little content (she doesn't update that often), so it's my least favorite. The content is good, but it isn't updated enough to keep the app.
- Even thought Kylie has the lowest rated app, I really enjoy her content of hair and makeup tutorials.
- Khloe's seems to be the "realest" if that makes any sense, and seems to be updated the most.
- Kim's is my favorite--I love the tutorials. She knows her audience. Her live streams are the best.
- If you're a fan of them, it's a must-have.
- I think it's worth the free week to check out the content, if you're interested.
- The content is put together well and each app is different and is reflective of that sister's personality. I enjoyed the apps!
UPDATE: As of 1-12-16, the apps were updated. They are uploading faster, live streams are more stable, AND free content is added daily.
- Getting my hair done today! Excited doesn't even begin to describe it.
- Want a link up that works for ANY blog? My Story Behind the Pic is coming! January 19th! Please post a pic and tell us the story behind it. Easy peasy.