But with everything that has gone on this year, my celebrations this Christmas are a bit more subdued. I wanted something easy, fast, classic, but definitely with some sparkle. Enter the nails you've got to try: Christmas Glitter Nails.
- red polish (I prefer the orange-reds, as they make a good contrast to the gold glitter)
- fine gold glitter
- glitter pen (try Amazon. I use this pen all the time, for lots of crafts)
- clear top coat
- receptacle for catching the extra glitter
- small brush
- baby wipes, tape--for stray glitter bits
- Paint your nails red and allow to dry fully. I've done this with white, green, gold, and silver polishes as well, but kept coming back to the red.
- Take the glue pen and draw your shape. This glue looks blue at first and then turns white. I've tried all sorts of shapes and such, but trees looked the most recognizable.
- Shake a tiny bit of glitter (I went a little crazy in the pic above, so don't add that much!) over the glue design.
- You know those brush applicators that come in compacts? You'd normally throw them away, right? Use the small brush to sweep away the glitter, leaving you with the cutest gold glitter tree. I wait a few seconds after dusting the glitter to remove the excess.
- Seal with a top coat, if desired.
How cute are these? They're super easy, I promise. I find it best not to think too hard on this to make it perfect. When I do that, it never looks like I want. Don't think, just do.
But Elle, I messed up--HELP:
- Glue didn't turn out how I'd like:
- Wipe it off. Boom. Draw again.
- The glitter design doesn't look right:
- I do not suggest outlines of shapes or words in cursive. These are too tedious to clean up.
- Again, wipe it away. You shouldn't have to repaint your nails.
- Try less glitter next time. I know, I can't believe I typed that sentence.
- Use different colors of glitter. Use different shades of polish. Choose whatever design you'd like--a snowman is super cute. Design every nail. Glitter just one nail, like I did.
- Finally decorated for Christmas!
- I had LOTS of big plans Saturday, but I slept through all of them, including seeing my niece (she turned 2 on Sunday) and nephew. That's how you know I was sick. I never nap. Feeling MUCH better.
- Watched the Frank Sinatra 100th birthday tribute last night. It was SO good and everyone brought their A game. Stellar performances.