FYI--I became an aunt again! Kaylee Ann was born Sunday night. I can't wait to meet her! Now back to the blog!
I try to do things a little differently when it comes to gift guides, and for this one, I'm sharing a few of my favorite beauty books from the past year or so. I know we have a lot of book lovers out there!
I tried to pick books that you might not have heard of, instead of the usual ones that are always recommended. I've got a little something for every beauty lover on your list. Let me know what you'd try!
To: The Beauty DIY Lover
- Homemade Nail Polish--Ever want to create a color that's just your own? This book shows you how and more, including creative designs for nail art.
- DIY DYE--This is perfect for your friend or family member that is always changing her hair color. Learn techniques (ombre or highlights) and how to choose /make dye.
To: The Makeup and Skincare Fanatics
- The Little Book of Skin Care--If you are fascinated by all things Korean beauty (they are light years ahead) then this is a must-buy. Great for beginners but even I learned a couple of things!
- Simply Glamourous--The title sums it up perfectly--fabulous makeup looks on real women that can be easily recreated using his techniques.
To: Kids (or Moms)
- Frozen Hairstyles--Exactly what you're thinking--28 hairstyles inspired by Frozen. This book is a huge hit for any girl I've given it to, including the 6 year old I nanny for. They have a new book for Frozen Fever as well.
- Disney Hairstyles--40 hairstyles of the different princesses from Disney movies--another hit! From fancy to wearable, and the models in the book are a diverse group of kids--something I've never seen before and appreciate.
To: The Hairstyles Fanatic
- DIY Braids--30 different braids including classic styles. Finally learn how to master those braids.
- The Braiding Handbook--Want to step it up a notch? Here we have 60 modern twists on classic braid styles.
Which one interested you the most?
- Spent my evening cleaning makeup brushes--two and a half hours--but it went by fast watching The Voice and Adele.