This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #CollectiveBias
I checked out all of the fragrances (of course!), and here's what I brought home with me:
These are a few different styles and sizes, but I bought the 12 oz. candles in Shades of Fall, Pumpkin Apple Harvest, and Banana Walnut Bread for $10.93. Remember to use candles with caution.
And I picked up this 2 oz. jar candle in Fresh Apple for $10.93. My house smells kind of amazing right now! But what to do with the empty candle jars at the end of the season? I've got a bunch of ideas to reuse them. First, I will freeze them for a few hours once I have burned the candle up. The remaining wax and cotton wicks will pop right out. Then I wipe out the inside and peel away the label. I wash and dry the jar and then it's ready to reuse! Check out over 20 ideas for empty candle jars:
Storage For Bathroom:
- cotton balls
- cotton swabs
- cotton squares or pads
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- small jewelry--great way to keep rings from getting lost
- makeup brushes
- lipglosses, lip sticks, lip crayons, lip balms
- bath bombs
- bath salts (mine are the purple ones pictured below)
- nail polishes
- manicure kit
- bobby pins
- hair ties
- beauty samples
- craft supplies
- dog treats
- vase for flowers
- corks (I write the date and occasion on mine for memories)
- leaves, pinecones, acorns
- coffee beans plus American Home™ by Yankee Candle® votive in Buttercream Frosting $1.93
- votive holder
I chose to take one of the empty tumblers and made an etched monogram:
DIY Etched Tumbler:
- Using a clean, empty candle jar, place your letter/monogram/picture inside.
- Take an etching cream purchased from the craft store and a small paintbrush and outline and fill in the letter on the outside of the jar/tumbler. Pictured.
- Allow cream to set for 5 minutes and then rinse away. Be sure to follow directions and use precautions as printed on the etching cream's packaging.
Let me know your favorite candle fragrance or storage idea!