I scoured the drugstores for products designed to fight frizz. After months and months of testing, I can't wait to share my results. I tested these in winter, spring, and summer. I tested these on windy days, rainy days, humid days, super hot days, and even at the beach. I tested these in steamy showers. I tested these with certain kids who love to
easy blow out at home is here.
- Note: When I began testing these in November of 2014, this was still available. It has been reformulated as Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Perfecting Balm. I did test that and had the same results despite only using it a few times.
- This worked decently at frizz (worked well at straightening my hair) but the 5 year old disliked the scent. ;)
- Non silicone formula with pure coconut oil and frizz immunity comples that improves hair with each use
- I am a huge John Frieda fan, and after seeing such positive reviews, I had to get this. It was awful on me and made my hair on the sides even frizzier. It was the most expensive of those tested and I really disliked it.
Tresemme Keratin Infusing Smoothing Serum
- Helps eliminate frizz and seals in shine for a polished, smooth look
- My hair usually dislikes serums and prefers creams, so I was shocked that I loved this one the most. It gave me shiny and smooth hair. It lasted the best through all of my testing. And it was the least expensive!
Herbal Essences Bombshell Babe Blowout Smooth Creme
- This multi-tasking creme also works to repel frizz and seal in moisture for super-smooth, virtually flyaway-free results. The lotus-scented styling creme hydrates for super-smooth, virtually flyaway-free results.
- This had a great scent to it, but just didn't deliver enough for fighting frizz.
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment
- Sleek, smooth, deep conditioning of argan oil from Morocco without any oily residue
- This smells amazing and gave me the shiniest hair. It worked well on frizz but it was borderline oily hair for me. In the pic below it looks amazing, but trust me my hair was really oily there. It did not work at straightening/smoothing my hair. It stayed wavy.
|Loreal, Tresame, John Freida, Herbal Essences, Garnier Fructis|
Here are examples of each product after 1 week and after humidity exposure.
My two best frizz tips:
My two best frizz tips:
- If a product has alcohol listed in the first 5 ingredients, skip it. I've found that alcohol dries out and frizzes my hair faster than anything.
- I say this all the time, but I swear by a satin pillowcase. No friction. Here's a picture of how my hair looks when I wake up. Ignore the lack of makeup, hehe. And you should follow me on Insta already!
What do you use in your hair?