I love natural makeup in the spring--a change from my dark lips and intense eyes from winter. And a natural-looking blush is an easy way to do that. Today I'm sharing a few of my favorite blushes (different finishes and different price points) for spring. I call it Barely Blushed --check out the video below:
- Benetint by Benefit--Dot a few drops of liquid onto cheeks and rub in.
- Tarte Flush--A solid version of a cheek tint--apply with fingers, sponge, directly, or with a stippling brush
Next up are STICK BLUSHES--these are creamy in texture, making for an easy blend and are best for those with dry skin. These remind me of one of the first beauty tips my Grandmother told me--use lipstick on your cheeks as blush. These are an updated, better version of that tip!
- Maybelline Masterglaze Just Pinched Pink--The name says it all
- Flower Beauty (get it at Walmart) in Apricot-a-lot--A soft apricot that can be applied to lips as well.
- NYX Stick Blush in Tea Rose--An option for those with light-medium skin tones
CREAM BLUSHES are great for dry skin and are best applied with a stippling brush (try one from ELF for $3)
- Sonia Kashuk Rose'--Soft peach with a nice powder finish
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow--This has a dewy finish but gives a glow from within. Very natural and pretty.
When you think of blushes, POWDER blushes are what comes to mind. Let's start with the back row:
- The Balm in Downboy--A pretty cool-toned pink
- Tarte in Exposed--This looks brown in the pan, but it isn't at all, and is one of my favorite blushes to apply
- NYX Nude 'Tude--A natural option for light-medium skin tones, for those who don't want a pink or peach...and a nice contour option for lighter skin
- Jordana Touch of Pink --Pretty soft pinky-peach
- Milani Flora--The prettiest packaging
- MAC Peaches--A very light peach, similar to the Jordana one, but with less pink.
Swatches! To see them blended out and swatched on skin, please watch the video here.
- I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages! Thanks everyone for your support this weekend. You mean the world. More info here.
- Happy birthday to my brother, Aaron. You are a wonderful father and Daddy was so proud of you. Love you!