Y'all--we have officially made it to the weekend. I cannot believe it. What are your plans? If the weather behaves, I plan to be poolside as much as possible on Saturday. Being at the pool makes me long for my fave spot: the beach in the summer. And that makes me think of sand beneath my toes and beachy waves in my hair. If you've read my blog for, oh, five minutes, you'll know that is my favorite and most-requested hairstyle. Speaking of summer, it's almost music festival season! Hairstyle of choice? Boho waves! And today I'm sharing how to get them BOTH! Keep reading to see both styles!*
I'm using 2 products from the new TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done collection. This line of soft styling products is infused with Sea Kelp Extract to create a variety of effortless, undone and wavy hairstyles. Perfect up to 3 different wave styles with just 6 products and get weightless hold that lasts all day without looking overly styled. These are super affordable and smell amazing. Today I'm using the Sea Salt Spray and the Wave Creation Sea Foam for 2 different looks. Let's get started!
- This is perfect for those times when you just want some windswept, messy waves without heat, or without a lot of fuss. Spray damp hair with the TRESemmé Sea Salt Spray. This non-sticky formula helps you create tousled, textured beach waves. No crunchy, dried out hair here!
- Using a cotton t-shirt (my secret tip), scrunch hair and loosely twirl hair. You can do this in small sections, but for today, I twirled one big section--kind of like you're twisting your hair to put it in a bun. Allow to air dry and fluff with fingers. If you do choose to use heat, use a diffuser to help preserve the waves and use a flat iron to make it look more undone.
And here's an option with heat:
- I love this look for natural, yet slightly more defined waves. There's some volume too--great for fine hair. You'll need a curling wand for this one.
- Don't forget the essential Wave Creation Sea Foam. I have used plenty of salt sprays, but this sea foam is a new one for me. Apply it on damp hair. This ultra-light Sea Foam helps create soft, natural-looking waves. From here you can let it dry naturally or give it a quick blow dry. Use a round brush for smoothing and volume. I LOVE the volume I get from this stuff!
- Once hair is dry, take small sections, ranging from half to inch to one inch, and wrap around the curling wand. Hold for 5-10 seconds. I like to wrap one section away from my face (pictured above) and then the next section will be wrapped towards my face. It looks a little more natural this way by varying the size and direction of the hair sections. Finish with the Ultra Brushable Hairspray if desired.