Hey you! Did ya miss me? I took a day off to celebrate 5 years of Elle Sees! By the way, did you check out my $100 Sephora Giveaway? Not into Sephora? Boo on you! ;) I will gladly take it off your hands if you win. Just saying!
Speaking of Sephora, the VIB sale is currently going on, and that prompted me to think of beauty products that I regret buying. Most of these are high-end, but if you check out the video I made, you'll see drugstore stuff too. And just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't be awesome for you! Here are a few of my regrets (for more details, watch the video below):
- GlamGlow ThirstyMud Mask--Not that hydrating! And it's really expensive. Try one of my DIY masks instead.
- The Balm Nude Tude Palette--I wanted more mattes and I don't use half the colors. I find I like the same colors better in other palettes. It's not awful, just not for me.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream--This is my biggest beauty regret. It's $95 and is most definitely not magic. It is a nice, light moisturizer that can be worn by all, but it didn't do much for my skin.
- MAC Studio Sculpt--Love this foundation, but it kept separating on me, both times I purchased.
- Jergens Instant Sun Bronzer--I shared this in a This or That post recently. Both the light and deep bronze versions gave me an orange-bronze. Too artifical-looking and not cute.
- Butter London polish in Trout Pout--Peachy-pinks are my FAVE shades for polishes. And lipsticks. And blushes. But back to the polish--this chipped horribly on me within 1-3 hours. And for $18, I was expecting better quality.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Classico--This is a nice mascara, but it's $30. I can easily find something comparable at the drugstore.
- LORAC Skinny Nude--This consistency of this palette is similar to the Unzipped ones, not the buttery softness of the LORAC Pro palettes that I love. I just didn't like the colors on me.
But wait! There's SO MUCH MORE!
In the video below I share the rest of the product regrets--you'll see more drugstore items. I hope you check it out! Watch it with your morning coffee!
- I wanted to apologize for how I look in the pic/video. I didn't sleep well and my allergies (and Charlie's too--he's sneezing in the video) made me look awful! I know--I'm my worst critic, but I wanted to keep it real. Even beauty gurus have for days!
- Got my new phone set up! I was planning on moving all of my old stuff over from the old one, but when it said estimated time was over 7 days, I said forget it! Ha.
- Any fun weekend plans?
- I'm doing my annual Q&A video/post! ASK ME ANYTHING about beauty or myself!