But psst! I've got a few tricks up my sleeve and I'm sharing my best and easiest nail art hacks! You've GOT to try these!
- Don't have a tiny nail art brush or a steady hand? Pour a little polish onto a paper plate or cardboard, and dip the flosser in. Press on nails to make lines.
- TIP: Don't use the kid or mint versions.
Plastic Zippered Sandwich Bags
- Some background: I started doing this one as a kid. My Grandmother used to have a locally-sold cosmetics line and I always had my nails painted with her polishes. I actually used to do this tip on my Trapper Keeper (80s kid!) but have since used the bags.
- Get a piece of plastic or a thick plastic sandwich bag and place your nail art design underneath it. Then, use your polish to trace and fill in the design you want. Allow to dry, peel, and glue to nail. You can also apply to a freshly polished nail, but the glue holds longer.
- See this tip in action on my Shamrock Shake Nails post.
Sharpie Markers or Paint Pens
- Painting is hard, but doodling is easy! Use Sharpie markers or paint pens to draw your designs. While I love my colors, I adore using metallic ones too.
- See this tip in action on my Back to School Spirit Nails and my Zodiac Nails.
Bonus Tip: Use fake nails to do nail art before applying to nails. See tip in action here with my Sprinkles Nails.
- I got to spend time playing with my 2 nieces and 2 nephews (15 months, 4 weeks, 5 years and 6 years). It was my first time meeting my youngest niece, who will be 1 month tomorrow. Of course it was loud and chaotic, but it did my heart good!
- Thank you for your comments on this post. I appreciate your love, prayers, and support.