- glue pen (mine is from Amazon.com, but Martha Stewart makes a great one. This one you don't have to squeeze, you just write/draw)
- glitter (I chose fine glitter in gold, but choose any color you like)
- polish (this one is from SinfulColors, but choose any color you'd like)
- clear top coat--optional
- optional: small brush to aid in glitter removal
1-Paint a coat of whatever color polish you choose. I chose pink.
2-Using your glue pen, draw a heart on your desired nail(s). A glue pen is one of my FAVE diy items. This one is blue at first and doesn't make a thick design. I chose one nail as an accent, but you can do all of them if you like!
I usually shake the glitter over a sealable container so I can save the excess glitter (#teamfrugal). And then I use a small brush to brush way the glitter from around the heart. You know those tiny, unusable brushes that come in eye shadow compacts? I keep them and use them for nail art!
- glitter dots--these are so cute and easy
- glitter bows--for the more adventurous
- glitter letters--I've done "l-o-v-e" (a letter on each nail with a heart)
- EASIEST--Use permanent markers (like I did in this tutorial or this one) to draw the heart.
- The weather was AMAZING this weekend. I found just about any excuse I could to be outside. How was YOUR weekend?
- I spent Sunday cleaning my house from top to bottom--I'm talking ceiling fans, crown molding, baseboards, the curtains, all of it. Dust be GONE!
- I leave for Walt Disney World this weekend!! I think that's why I was in such a mood to clean. I love coming back from vacation to a clean house. Are you that way?
- I watched a little of the Grammys (I was getting caught up on Downton Abbey), but I saw Beck win Album of the Year--um, what?? And Kayne 's-fake-rush-followed-rant-afterword-stunt. -.-