For every review I do on drugstore foundation, I get a request for expensive ones. And since the Sephora VIB discount ends today (I'm on a makeup no-buy, boo) I thought this could give some options. Please note: all foundations have been tested in a variety of application methods, so just because they did/didn't work for me, I kindly ask that you please not give me suggestions on how to try them. Trust me, I've tried every possible way. But I encourage you to try the foundations that strike your fancy! Also, none of these caused me to have a reaction, but I suggest getting a sample (Sephora does this) and testing just in case. Enjoy these Quick, High-End Foundation Reviews:
- 18 shades
- Natural-looking (light coverage and slightly buildable)
- Easy to apply and wear
- Very lightweight feeling
- Best for: combo-oily skin
- 6 shades
- Satin finish
- Medium coverage
- Best if applied in sections as it dries quickly
- Best for: normal-combo skin (it is recommended for oily skin, but those I have tested it on have found to not last as long as hoped)
- Note: I have dry skin and can wear this easily as long as I have a good thick moisturizer on (I'm wearing it in this Friday's video)
- I don't believe this has SPF--the rest reviewed here do.
Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation
- 10 shades
- Natural feel, with slightly dewy finish
- Sheer-slightly medium coverage
- Best for: combo-oily skin (this is another one that is oil-free but I can wear in the summer or with heavily-moisturized skin)
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
- 17 shades
- Lightweight with glow
- Sheer but buildable
- Best for: it is listed for dry skin, but it never worked for me, no matter what I tried. I would suggest normal-combo to slightly oily.
Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation
- 8 shades
- Light coverage with a dewy/silky finish
- Sheer but buildable
- Best for: I think everyone should give this a try--a sample of course. This foundation is very runny but I love how it looks--it's my fave.
Smashbox High Definition Foundation
- This product is no longer being sold by Smashbox, but it is still available online.
- Medium-full coverage
- Best for: oily skin. It looks great in (non-flash) photography
Bare Minerals BareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation
- 20 shades
- Slightly medium-full coverage
- It takes only a few drops, making it even more affordable
- Best for: normal skin, but I can wear it with dry skin. I've had many friends with combo skin who loved it.
- Originally reviewed (with demo video) here.
Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup
- 16 shades
- Natural, but buildable
- Glow-from-within finish (I'm wearing it in my Fall Haul video)
- Best for: This is another one I'd suggest everyone trying--get a sample. I think dry, normal, and combo will like it best.