My new weekly series is going to be How To Tuesday, and first up is one of my essentials! I get asked often about my hair--like the cut, color, if it's real (seriously), and my favorite hair products. One product that is at the top of the list is dry shampoo. This must-have item comes in different forms, like clear, white, and tinted. Dry shampoo is amazing at refreshing hair and extending hairstyles so hair doesn't have to be washed as often. Today I'm sharing my favorite tips and tricks on how to use Dry Shampoo.
To refresh hair and help with oily roots, take a 1 inch section of hair, shake can and spray at roots from about 6-12 inches away. This is key!
Let the section dry for a few seconds before moving onto the next section. Usually, just a few sections in the crown area of your head will work. Use your fingers or a towel to get into your roots and disperse the product.
- Avoid spraying all over like hairspray and instead focus on the roots.
- Spraying too close to the roots can result in white cast in hair. Instead, spray further away and use a tinted dry shampoo, like this one from Batiste (pictured above). This was sent to me and it is for Medium and Brunette. It works perfectly with oily roots or refreshing my hair.
- Don't forget a clarifying shampoo if you experience build up from too much product.
- Spray all over hair and scrunch through hair to provide texture.
- Spray onto roots and gather hair in a loose bun to help extend your blow out.
- For slippery bobby pins, spray a little dry shampoo on them first.
- Dry shampoo works well in stinky shoes or clothes. Just add a little spritz and allow to dry overnight.
For more tips and tricks, check out my video below:
View video here.Linking up with Glossy Blonde