Hey you! Do you have any fun plans this weekend? Speaking of fun, I've got something adorable to make. These will brighten up any summer day and the kids can help too. Enjoy!
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c carrier oil (I used coconut)
- 1/2 tsp soap colorant
- 3 drops essential oil or flavor oil
- sealable plastic bag
- snow cone/shaved ice cups (optional)
- ice cream scoop
- Add sugar, oil, soap colorant, and essential oil to bag.
- Seal the bag and squish around to mix it. Kids can help with this part--no mess!
- Use ice cream scoop to place "snow cone" in the cups.
- Display as desired or store in a container.
- Feel free to adjust the recipe as needed.
- I would avoid using food coloring as it stains. I easily find soap colorant in craft stores, like Michaels, but online is always an option.
- I find it easiest to remove the top of the soap colorant to add it to the mix. While usually around 1/2 tsp worked for me, some colors needed much less, like blue, and others needed more.
- Sugar scrubs are excellent exfoliants for the body and the oil softens skin. You can switch out the sugar for salt. I love using a salt scrub before shaving my legs or self-tanning.
- Please do not consume. Keep in an air-tight container in a cool spot for up to 3 months.