Have you started spring cleaning yet? I admit--the only cleaning I've done is clean out my makeup bag. Do you do that, too? Over the weekend I switched out my winter stuff for my must-have beauty items for spring. Now, I love spring, but the biggest downside to it would be my allergies. Allergies and being a beauty blogger just don't mix, so I rely on several products to help me out. Here's a peek in my bag to gear up for spring:
- an adorable bag--Having a cute bag that's easy to find and that holds all of my essentials is key. And it's no secret I'm a fan of mint for spring. Polka dots or florals are also great choices.
- cream blush--When I need instant color, I swear by a cream blush. They're such a soft, blendable texture that looks natural. No brushes needed!
- HALLS® drops--I always keep HALLS Breezers (cool creamy strawberry is my fave) and HALLS Defense in my bag. The Breezers soothe allergy-related coughs and sore throats. And I like using Defense (sugar free) with 100% daily value of Vitamin C in each drop!
- lip balm--I have over a dozen uses for this (seriously), but its most important use is prepping my lips before applying lipstick. Tip: plain lip balm is excellent for removing mascara clumps on lashes!
- pastel polish--Pastels polishes are my favorite for spring, and how perfect is this minty green? I might have 8 other shades of these--shh!
- sunnies--Not only do these help with my sneezing (I sneeze the second I go outside) but they hide puffy allergy eyes!
- hair elastic--I'm usually outside during spring, so a hair elastic that doubles as a cute bracelet is a bonus.
- pink lipstick--I keep a subdued pink in my bag for day and a brighter pink lipstick for night.
- cream shadow--For when I want my eyes to look bigger and more awake (a must for seasonal allergies) I rely on a cream shadow with a satin finish. As opposed to some shimmery powder shadows that could have eye-irritating particles, cream shadows stay put and blend in easily. Tip: dot the tiniest amount of the shadow along the tops of cheekbones for an instant dewy glow. Be sure to blend in thoroughly.
When you have a cold, HALLS is the #1 cough drop that most people choose for effective relief. But, did you know that the same HALLS you trust is also effective for allergy-related coughs and sore throats? Don’t let allergies get the best of you. Grab your allergy cough by throat and try HALLS Cough drops or HALLS Breezers throat drops as a complement to your primary allergy medication regimen. Click here to learn more.
How are you gearing up for spring? What's in your bag?