Hey you! We've finally made it to the weekend! And what a weekend it will be since St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner. A popular treat around this time of year is the Shamrock Shake, and today I'm sharing my version with a
- plain Greek yogurt
- blender (tools to mix ingredients)
- sealable container
- peppermint essential oil (avoid on sensitive skin)
- optional items to make application easier: brush to apply masque to face, paper mask to place over the masque or to dip into it (helps with drips/messiness)
- In your container or blender, add a tablespoon of spinach and 1 teaspoon of honey to 1 cup of yogurt. Add a drop or two of mint essential oil for scent (optional). You can also use a mint leaf.
- Blend (for that "shake" effect) or mix together.
- Apply to face and allow to remain for 15 minutes.
- Rinse away and follow with regular skincare routine. If you mixed the ingredients, I would suggest using tissue to wipe off instead.
- Spinach not only gives our "shake" its green color, but it's loaded with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Honey is antibacterial, an antiseptic, and provides moisture.
- Yogurt provides moisture, soothes skin
- Mint, while completely optional and definitely not for sensitive skin, not only provides that refreshing smell, is good for soothing itchy skin, or as an astringent for oily and acne-prone skin.
- I like to make a batch of this to keep in the fridge, so I use a blender, but using a spoon and bowl will work, it just won't look like a shake (not a requirement). It will keep for a week.
- This is edible if you'd like to consume this as a smoothie, although you will definitely need to sweeten it more. Please leave out the peppermint essential oil and add extract if you are going to consume this.
- If you blend this too much, it will be more like a smoothie-consistency, making it drippy, so be sure to have towels/old t-shirt if this happens.
- Raw, cooked, or frozen spinach may be used. I used frozen since it was what I had on hand.
- Sour cream works well if you don't have yogurt.
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle
Posts You Might've Missed:
- Loving Lately: (Almost Spring Faves)
- StyleSpotter--an awesome app for shopping! Go look!
- New Dolce&Gabbana Spring Makeup
- Charleston Fashion Week is NEXT WEEK!
- ULTA's 21 Days of Beauty is coming!
- Enter to win Strivectin SD Advanced--see my before/after if you need more convincing!
- "Like" my new page on Facebook!