It's around this time of year that I reflect on the past year, and think about everything that has happened. I like to admire the accomplishments of the past year and see all of the areas in my life that could use work. Like everyone, I make a list of my resolutions. I like to think of it as my New Year, New You.
Making resolutions gives me goals, something to look forward to, and that's an important part of aging. And thanks to Get Old, I'm going to talk more about that today. Get Old is an initiative developed by Pfizer to challenge people of all ages to rethink what it means to Get Old and take a more active role in their health and quality of life at every age.
I don't like to think of "Get Old" with negative connotations. There is still so much to look forward to, like those resolutions. The activities that I choose to do now in life will help me in the future. Allow me to share some of my resolutions for 2014:
- Get Checkups
- So often we never see a doctor until something is wrong. Regular checkups could be helpful for me.
- Continue Healthy Living
- I have recently lost 40 pounds, and am continuing that journey.
- Making Plans
- Having plans for the future helps me in the future, as I have something to look forward to.
- Staying Active
- I've never been a fan of exercise, but having an active lifestyle really makes me feel better too...not just now, but as I Get Old.
- I'm not letting age keep me from enjoying activities that I've always enjoyed.
- Weekly/Monthly Resolutions
- I've done these in the past and they really helped. Having a small goal every week or every month was very feasible to accomplish.
- Keep Mentally Active
- Reading, focusing on my memory skills, switching my routine occasionally, and playing puzzle games
- Clearing negativity and worry from my mind certainly helps, as stress ages people. Have you ever noticed that?
What are you doing to Get Old well?
I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by Pfizer and Get Old. I received compensation for this post. All opinions stated are my own. Get Old is a registered trademark of Pfizer Inc.