I first saw the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser (longest title ever!) last year on Asian beauty blogs, and couldn't wait for it to hit stateside. I finally saw it about a month ago at CVS and had to try it out. Would it instantly erase pores? Would it be a dupe for my fave primer, Benefit's The Porefessional? Watch the video to find out!
What is it?
- A clear primer for the face that is an "instant pore eraser" (see swatch above)
- It is similar to opaque primers, like Smashbox, but is thinner and clear.
- I've seen it in drugstores, Ulta, Bed, Bath & Beyond.
How much is it? How much product?
- $6-7 for .67 fl oz of product
- Relatively inexpensive compared to many facial primers
- Great for dry skin
- Wonderful for an even, smooth base to apply makeup
- Thin consistency
- Available in drugstores
- Portable, perfect for travel due to small size
- Silica-based, so sensitive skin, beware (it broke me out)
- Felt very greasy but not oily
- Didn't sink into skin and stayed on the surface (could be pro or con)
- Pills for some moisturizers/foundations (depends on formula)
- My pores were very much visible and I saw no difference on my skin, even after trying it for a month using a variety of application techniques.
- I didn't like it at all, and don't consider this a dupe, but this is just my opinion. Try it and see.
For more about Maybelline Baby Skin as well as my favorite primers,
please watch the quick video here.