T O O L S:
- heat protectant
- 1.5 in curling iron (orig. shared here)
- clips (optional)
- hair spray (optional)
M E T H O D:
- Brush hair, spray hair with heat protectant and allow to dry before applying any heat.
- I divide my hair in half, and start from the back, curling half inch to about one inch sections. You can use clips and section hair traditionally, but this is how I do it in a hurry.
- With the clamp facing up, I slide the curling iron down the section of hair.
- And then I slide it to the ends, but I leave a little bit of a "tail" out.
- This will help prevent creasing/curling iron marks once I curl the section.
- I'll begin to roll it up, leaving the tail out.
- I'll roll it up to the roots, and once all of the hair is in place, I'll hold 10 seconds.
- If you have fine hair, do 5 or so.
- In the video below, I hold it for about 5 seconds for most sections (I had about 10 minutes to film).
- To get that end curled, I'll gently release the curling iron clamp, slide down a little further down the tail, and then roll up, holding for a few seconds, and then repeating the process. This will be better explained/viewed in the video.
- Repeat this for each section. I sort of twist it to form the style seen in the pics. Set with hair spray if desired--dry, frizzy hair might want to skip the spray.
- Note: all of the curls will be going in the same direction. I would suggest changing the direction so that all of the curls curl away from your face, but I was in a hurry! :)
- And now for a video tutorial of this hair style, with captions before each step.
If you can't view the video, click here.
PS: Giveaways for YOU!
- $100 Target Giftcard and RuMe Iphone Case
- 16 gb Mini Tablet, from Citi Simplicty
- Monster headphones (valued $150)
screen shot from video, aka 8 minutes later!