Today I'm sharing a guest post from Kelly Richardson (see bio at bottom), who works with Miss America contestants. A new queen will be crowned this Sunday, beginning 9pm on ABC.
Spending an entire week in Atlantic City for Miss America can be a harrowing
experience for a beauty novice. In the pageant world everyone strives for perfection,
it can leave one feeling a little overwhelmed for those who are not savvy with makeup
and hair tools. After six years working in the “pageant world” here are my best tips for
getting “pageant perfect” in just minutes:
• When all else fails, mascara and lipstick go a long way. If you only have a few
minutes to apply your makeup, those two items will perk you up in a pinch.
• Smile, looking like you are happy and having a good time (even if your feet hurt
and you are tired) goes a long way.
• At the end of the day when you finally kick off those heels, take a few minutes
and pamper your feet. Give yourself a quick massage with a thick cream.
• Get a good, natural looking spray tan. A spray tan will make you look slimmer
and healthier instantly.
• No time to do your hair? Pull it up off your face in a loose bun or a braid.
Kelly Richardson is the founder of B.Bronz Sunless and Sonoma Tanning. A Celebrity
and International Spray Tanner, she works with the Miss America contestants, the
Golden State Warrior Cheerleaders, and the San Francisco 49ers Gold Rush.