I'm so glad the weekend is here because this week has been a doozy. Today I'm sharing a summer treat, with no calories, but don't eat it! It's my DIY Cherry Ice Cream Solid Sugar Scrub. These make great gifts and are just the thing to exfoliate the body for summer: think shaving, before self-tanning, at-home pedis, and more. I'm using cherry, but customize scents/to your liking. Enjoy.
N e e d:
1 part carrier oil
2 parts soap base
3 parts sugar
Soap making mold
- Grate and melt your soap, preferably over a double boiler.
- I used shae butter soap base melted in the microwave that I loosely chopped.
- Carefully add and stir oil (examples: olive, coconut, sweet almond), sugar, cherry essential oil, and soap colorant. I used purple soap colorant and vitamin E.
- The consistency (pictured above) will be closer to icing.
- Allow to dry for a few hours. It will harden, similar to soap.
- Scoop out your "ice cream" with an ice cream scoop.
- Store in a sealable jar. And don't eat! Keep away from children.
- Rub onto wet skin to use. Or break into pieces and add water for a lather.
PS: Check out my Lemonade Solid Sugar Scrub Cubes.
- to please VOTE DAILY for me in the Pond's BB+ Ambassador contest. Voting ends on the 12th. Just search Elle Sees, click my video, and then the VOTE button. You can vote every day, from phone and computer. Vote here.
- to thank you for voting, I'm giving away 4 Pond's BB+ Creams! Enter here. FRIDAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER.
- Summer's Eve is hosting a giveaway on my blog for a $100 SpaFinder gift card. Who doesn't want a free trip to the spa? Enter here.
If you choose to share these on your blog, please cite this as your source. Thank you.