Hey you! It's time for my annual Back to School Week on the blog and class is in session! I've got a week filled with beauty advice, makeup, a DIY, and hair ideas.
Today I'm sharing a school-inspired nail tutorial. It's so easy--you'll see! Get out those school supplies and enjoy!
N e e d:
- White polish
- Black polish
- Matte top coat (optional)
- Clear top coat
- Permanent markers
- Paint 4 nails white.
- Paint one nail black and add a matte top coat. This makes it look more like a chalkboard and is completely optional.
- Using permanent markers, draw school-inspired designs. This is so much easier than using a brush, and chances are you have some markers lying around.
- I chose a pencil, notebook paper, chalkboard, an apple, and a school pennant flag in my high school's colors.
- Finish the white nails with a clear coat.
T r y:
- Be sure to test the clear coat, as some brands will smear the ink. I used Seche Vite.
- Make this your own! I used simple designs, but do what works for you!
- Use your school colors or a try green chalkboard (sidenote: do they even have chalkboards anymore?) or white board.
- Back to School Wavy-Striped Nails
- School Spirit Nails