I can't believe that school is about to start for so many next month! I remember those days--I had a checklist a mile long of things to do. If you or someone you know is going to attend or is attending college, it's definitely time to think of Ways to Pay for College.
When I was in school, I considered my options to pay for college. For my bachelor's degree, I used Student Loans. I did my research, finding out about interest rates and repayment terms. And I used Sallie Mae for mine. Not only can they give student loans, but they have so much advice, information, and tips about student loans. Like what? Well, did you know that you can start to repay your loans while you're still in school? Even a small payment, like $25, can help get that debt down when you graduate.
Some of my money-saving tips:
- Don't get a loan for more than you need. Trust!
- Consider staying in-state for school.
- Buy used books whenever possible.
- Avoid taking those unnecessary electives.
- Check with the registrar's office for any unused scholarships that weren't applied for.
- Find out your learning style(s) and use it to your advantage. Graduating on time saves money!
Hope these tips helped and don't forget to check out SallieMae.com!