Every week in 2013 I give myself a goal.
I post them on Instagram and the monthly roundup here. Enjoy!
Not Comparing Myself To Others--This is a constant struggle of mine, especially in the Blogging World. I know I can't compare when it comes to looks or amount of followers, to name a couple of examples, but I proved I could let it go this week. Now, I just need to work on it daily. I just need to "do me." And "me" is pretty dang awesome.
Rely on Yourself For Approval, Not The World--I did ok with this goal. I don't want this to sound like I have no confidence in myself. I do, in many things, but not all. I can see how much I've improved with this, and I'm proud of that!
Just Breathe--I've always thought of myself as The Calmer when it comes to my friends and family. I calm everyone down, tell everyone it will be ok, take on the worry, but sometimes it gets to me. It causes me to worry about silly things, and my people-pleasing side goes into overdrive. I chose this resolution the week I was at the beach. It's hard for me to enjoy myself without wondering if everyone is happy, having fun, if my family is ok, if the blog stats are normal, etc. Crazy, right? But I did this week. I put the blog into the hands of some wonderful guest posters, turned off my email, didn't bring my computer, and didn't worry about a thing. It was refreshing.
Be Patient--It has been said by many a person that I have the patience of Job when dealing with others. But when it comes to myself, I have zero patience. I was awful at this weekly goal! I want good things to happen NOW and need to be patient and realize they will happen when it's the right time (or ever).
What goals do you have?
May In Review:
- Charlie, with his summer 'do...cutie!
- My Beach Trip! Embarrassing vlog below, but every year my friends and I head to the FL Panhandle for fun and relaxation. This year was no different, with 10 of us in a condo! Lots of memories were made. I miss it already.
- Smashing Pumpkins Concert--Billy's still got it!
- My Sister's HS Graduation--This was so bittersweet because I can't believe she's an adult now (!!!) but I am so proud of her! I love you, Holly!
- Monthly Nails--I am such a fan of mint. It's ridiculous.
- The Instagram Drama--I had my annual giftcard to Sephora giveaway. The winner was randomly chosen, and once I confirmed it, I announced it. An entrant wasn't happy with how I announced the winner and (not officially, but I mean really) accused me of a fake contest, fake winner, etc. It was so upsetting and frustrating. I'm shy and take a lot of crap, but not when it comes to my character. I was touched by how y'all saw the ridiculousness of the situation and stuck up for me. That turned a low into a highlight. Thank you.
- Beach Selfie--Note: I've never taken selfies on the beach. Ever. This trip, I took two.
- Green Man Fountain at Atlanta Botanical Gardens--Go visit! Spring was everywhere and it was so pretty.
- Glasses! I've got some eye issues and have had to wear glasses! I hate myself in glasses, but this pic was actually my most ever "liked" on Instagram. Hmm.
How was your May?