First up is Simple--Sensitive Skin Experts. If you're looking for basic, easy-on-the-skin skincare, I suggest you check them out. I've reviewed other Simple Skin products here.
- Exfoliating Facial Wipes--I found these to be pre-moistened super exfoliating and they made my skin red. Instead, I use them on my feet to exfoliate. I use them to wipe off makeup from my hands and when wearing super heavy makeup or sunscreen. Those who are in the entertainment/theatre industry will love these.
- Refreshing Facial Wash Gel--This is a wonderful, nice, and easy gel wash. It's very cooling and washes away the day's makeup effectively. I use it with my Clarisonic or with a cloth and have had no negative effects. It's very gentle.
- Simple Eye Makeup Remover--This remover is gentle and feels almost like water. It didn't irritate my eyes or leave that film on my eyes--you know what I mean?
- Vital Vitamin Day and Night Creams--The Day formula is naturally a thinner version of the Night. Both work great as basic moisturizers and I experienced no break outs.
I was also sent Pond's products, a company many of us are familiar with, but check out the Luminous Clean line:
- Wet Cleansing Towelettes--These have soft white Kaolin clay in them, which works to draw out trapped makeup and impurities. These broke me out twice out of the four times I used them (I'm talking a pimple or two since I don't have acne) so I no longer used them. I generally have this reaction to clay as my skin is very dry, so those with oily skin will probably fare better.
- Daily Exfoliating Cleanser--This also has clay but didn't irritate my skin nor cause me to break out any time I used it. It's a pearlescent cream with gentle microbeads. It is a great exfoliating cleanser that isn't drying.
Have you tried either of these skin care lines? What do you use? Is your skin oily, dry, or combo?
PS: This week's The 52 Project challenge is to moderately exercise 5 days this week. Last week's challenge of keeping my chin parallel to the ground has been going well!