I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/4 c plain, steel cut oats or colloidal oats
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- a few drops of water to help the consistency
S T E P S
- Optional first step: Grind up oats to a fine powder.
- Add the oatmeal to the honey and mix. Add drops of water to the mix until a paste consistency is reached. This shouldn't drip from your face. If your mask is too drippy, add more oatmeal to thicken.
- Leave on face for about 15 minutes--it should dry a little--and then rinse away with warm water. Finish with your favorite skincare routine if needed.
T I P S
- Oatmeal eases itchy, red skin, and softens. It also exfoliates dry skin.
- Honey is antibacterial so it's great for acne-prone skin. It heals and moisturizes skin.
- I've used instant and traditional oatmeal and had the same results. It must be plain oatmeal, as flavored ones could have possible skin irritants.
- This mask can be made in a minute and stored in the fridge for around a month (I usually will add a drop of vitamin E if I store it).
- Want another oatmeal recipe? Try my Apple Face Scrub!