Today's tutorials came from YOU! You wanted hairstyles for your daughters and no heat hairstyles that were quick and easy. And while this fits the younger girls' hair, it works for us too. The bows are small and not too over-the-top, like some I've seen--I wish I could pull off that Bow Bun, but I look ridic. Try these with straight, curly, or wavy hair. Enjoy!
Tie a Bow
- Take a section of hair from each side of your head. Make sure the sections are the same width/length.
- Tie them just like laces on your shoes. Don't worry, this will "knot" damage your hair.
- Secure in the middle with bobby pin.
- Pull back a section of hair from your crown to make a half ponytail. Secure with elastic.
- Pull hair through the elastic a second time, but stop about halfway, leaving hair in a pony loop.
- Divide the loop in half.
- Take one loop and twist it sideways.
- Pin down the bottom side of your twisted loop. This is the side that is against your head.
- Repeat with the other loop (twist sideways and pin).
- Optional: Take hair from the remaining pony and wrap around the middle of the bow, to hide the hair elastic. Pin.
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle
PS: Posts from the week you might've missed: