First, don't get embarrassed to do this in front of strangers. They're people that you won't see again. So give it a try. Here's what I do on a quick flight and a long flight (since I don't sleep).
- Do makeup
- Hair in a high bun for extra volume when I take it down
- Fresh breath--Wisps
C O M F O R T A B L E
- I pack fuzzy aloe socks that I only wear while on the plane. My feet stay warm and get a little moisturizing as well.
- We all know airplane air dries you out, so I make sure to have water. I'll bring packets of immune boosters to add to help fight off colds. I take zinc too, if I've eaten. I don't usually bring snacks.
H A I R
- If I don't have something to go to once I exit the plane, I use a long flight to moisturize my hair. I'll put a hair masque on my ends before I get on the plane and put my hair in a bun.
F A C E
- My face gets so dry, so a moisturizer is a necessity. This includes lips too.
- If I feel too greasy, I'll ask the flight attendant for a packet of sugar and some lemon. In the lavatory I'll make those into an exfoliating face mask. It wakes me up, too.
- If I don't use the flight to put on my makeup, I'll mist my face to stay hydrated. Try the Evian spray. I use my Travolo and fill with water.
- I love to use an eye cream to depuff eyes.
- Facial Mask--if everyone's asleep, try this one. It works!
- I don't sleep, but I do give my dry eyes a break with an eye mask. Before leaving home, I'll spray a little lavender. It blocks the sun too.
- I enter the plane with no makeup and leave with a quick 5 minute face.
H A N D S
- I'm lucky to have soft hands. But I don't like lotion on my palms--I've always been that way. Instead, I'll add a dot of lotion to my cuticles and the backs of my hands. Sally Hansen's Nails & Cuticles Hand Cream is a fave.
T I P S
- I know this is quite a list. I do this as a means to relax and pamper myself. For those who say they never have time, a long flight will provide just that. Spa Day!
- Two words: fresh and hydrated...this is what I aim for when I fly. I don't want to look like I've just gotten off the plane, if that makes sense.
- I love to use traveling as an excuse to use up samples. You'll end up with more room in your bag, too.
- Non-scented products are the way to go, as to be respectful of those around you.
- Don't forget fresh breath! I keep Wisps in my bag for just that reason.
Have a great weekend! Be safe, behave, and be well. Love, Elle
PS: Check out my Wanderlust Week archives--everything you need to know about travel!