The kit retails for about $50-60, but I see that as an investment, as you can do your nails at home, it's quick, and the results last. I highly recommend it.
Here's how to use the gel nail kit:
Remove old polish, file nails, and use the cleaner with the lint-free wipe.
Next, apply the gel primer.
Then, apply a clear coat. Place under the LED lamp for 30 seconds. You'll hear a beep after 30 seconds.
Apply a coat of color. Put under the lamp for 1 minute. My kit came with red. Repeat.
Apply a coat of clear and then under the lamp for 30 seconds.
Use the gel cleanser to remove any moisture.
My nails on Day 17...they finally chipped.
The gel nails are instantly dry, hard, and glossy. I was impressed.
I wanted to try another brand and it worked just as well.
I had many compliments on my nails, and many asked to touch them...kinda odd, right?
N O T E S :
- This is MUCH faster than a regular mani. It only takes a few minutes, and nails are instantly dry.
- Be careful with application. If you get polish on your cuticles/sides of nails, the polish will peel off.
- Be sure to coat polish along the tip and underside of nail, to help the polish last.
- I tried this with my toes and it worked well.
- I also just did a clear coat, and loved the results too.
- I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a lasting mani. I'd especially recommend this to those whose jobs involve their hands being shown (sales, tv reporters, etc).
- This would be great to do before a trip. Your color will last for a couple of weeks! And to remove, peel off the polish or soak nails in acetone for 15 minutes and then gently scrape/peel off. But I peeled mine off every time.
Would you try gel nails? Have you tried them?