I'm so happy to be back!
Looking for a sweet, romantic look for Valentine's Day? How about one that is easy and cheap to do with drugstore products? Here's a look I created inspired by Blair Waldorf's wedding on Gossip Girl. Even if you don't watch the show, it's a pretty look. Let's get started:
- I used Milk (I've previously written about it here) Jumbo Eye Pencil by NYX as my eyelid primer. I also lined my water line with it to make me look more awake.
- Next, I patted the pink shade from the Wet N Wild trio Sweet as Candy all over my lid. I dragged it under my bottom lashes too.
- Using a crease brush, I used a windshield wiper motion to apply the brown shade above my crease. I have hooded lids, so I apply my crease shade above my crease. Otherwise, just sweep it along the crease.
- I lightly brushed the lightest shade under my brow bone and in my inner corners.
- With the ELF liquid liner, I lined only my top lashes. Blair's was much thicker than mine.
- After curling my lashes, Rimmel Scandal Eyes in black coated them.
- I completed the look with Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting and Revlon Lip Butters in Berry Smoothie. I shared my review of Lip Butters here.
- To get Blair's exact look, use Chanel products, like the eyeshadow quad in 47 Dunes ($58), Chelsea gloss ($28.50), Imitable mascara ($30), and blush in Imprevu ($43)
Smiling with your eyes closed=awkward!
- To get Blair's hair, use a two curling wands--I used a 1 in and a 1.5 in.
- I primarily used the 1.5 curling wand (mine's from Remington) I wound 1/4 inch sections of hair away from my face and held for 5 seconds.
- Some pieces were a little larger and I curled them toward my face.
- I took random pieces and curled with the smaller curling wand.
- I pulled each piece after curling it to loosen the curl and create more of a wave.I also ran my fingers through my hair to make it messier-looking. If curl falls fast in your hair, then skip this step.
- To define pieces and create more of a beachy wave, I used a styling paste.
Let's pretend I have on a tiara, k?
Do you ever copy a look seen on tv?
PS: Giveaway tomorrow! International! Exclamation points!