Dreamy dark shades and festive holiday colors adorn my nails in fall and winter, leaving behind a dark stain. No matter how much polish remover I apply, I'm always stuck with a stained, yellow nail. Not cute! Instead of painting my nails to hide the color (and make the staining worse), I'm using the same ideas for cleaning my teeth. These methods really work! Read on:
- Try a brightening toothpaste & scrub those nails with a toothbrush.
- Pour a little baking soda into a bowl.
- Add enough hydrogen peroxide to the baking soda to make a paste.
- Mix and scrub nails.
- Rinse and repeat until nails are clean!
- I didn't use it for this tutorial (I've used it since) but to make your edges look whiter, run a white pencil, like the one I shared here, underneath the edges.
- These methods will not work for discolored nails due to medical conditions.