Drive, by Incubus (one of my favorite bands)
When: Friday, my day off!
Why: to renew my license
GAH!!! Thanks for the bday love yesterday (and the support of BIRTHDAY MONTH, which still didn't happen, but there's always next year!) Thank you! Love, Elle
The time came for my to renew my license. I was initially excited because it will finally have my Atlanta address on it and the license has a new design. Yes, it takes very little to excite this ole gal. Note: using "ole gal" just proves I'm old. I also had a cute outfit, hair, and everything planned. Little did I know "Look here" would result in a camera flash approx. .981239 nanoseconds later, and me still looking for "here." Long story short, the pic was awful enough to make me cry (hormones!) and the license design looks awful--like a fake i.d.! But my outfit, hair & makeup were cute! Until I cried it all off!
Clothes & Accessories:
- It was initially cold, so over a basic grey tank, I wore this coral cardigan. I never realized how much I wore coral, until looking back through my Polyvore sets.
- For a pop of color, I added a turquoise necklace. I thought the dash of color would look fab in my license photo, like my old one, but none of my clothes are in the pic! Hmph.
- Since I had a long drive home ahead of me, I threw on some comfy jeans and boots (later changed to flip flops...in OCTOBER!).
Hair & Beauty:
- If you read my School ID tutorial, I gave pointers and ideas for that all important picture. I followed my advice and did a neutral, grey smokey eye. It actually looked kinda decent in the photo (as opposed to my chin, which decided to double in the photo). I went heavy on the mascara, to play up my lashes.
- For hair, I used a 1.5 curling iron and had big bouncy curls.
Have you ever had an ID photo turn out just horribly wrong?
PS: Thanks for your Philly suggestions. Please, keep them coming! I need things to do/places to eat.