PLEASE listen to this song...it instantly makes me think of summer, especially the end of summer, when the bright colors start to fade after an afternoon shower. I'm smitten with it--you'll love it too.
Where: Impromptu roadtip
Road trips, especially impromptu ones, are a fave of mine. In fact, they're how I saw most of the States. There seems to be the "road trip summer outfit." The usual: the white tank, jean shorts, and sandals. For my impromptu road trip this past weekend, I wanted to stray just a smidge from the typical uniform.
- Black tee--Much cleaner than white, right? And covers up the arms a bit more than a tank, if you're in the car with a hot-natured person.
- I had grand plans to wear khaki shorts but comfy jean shorts won out in the end. See the last time I wore them here.
- Add my favorite (mentioned a bajillion--approx--times already) summer hat. It hides crazy hair when the
car's top, sunroof is open.
- I was going to wear the classic black Rays, but opted for the lighter aviator sunnies instead.
- Instead of flip flops, the Southern staple, I wore comfy sandals.
- I wore a delicate necklace, because I almost always have on a necklace.
- Other than moisturizer, the only other makeup I wore was Covergirl Nature Luxe lip gloss w/ SPF. It looks like I've just eaten a popsicle, which I'm suddenly craving after typing this sentence.
What's your favorite road trip outfit? How about your favorite road trip ever?
PS: Here are some Wanderlust Week posts you've missed:
*And congrats to Sweeter Salt on getting married this past weekend!