Today I thought I'd share what my makeup looks like when I travel. Of course this changes on the activity. Picture a day of sightseeing for this look. Click the pic to find out where to get each product.
- Innoxa Bleues Eye Drops--I used to pick these up in Paris, since they're supposedly illegal in the States. Try Amazon to get your own. They make my blue eyes pop and less-tired when traveling.
- Not pictured: I use concealer, not only beneath my eyes, but also as an eyelash primer.
- For foundation, I use the Covergirl Natureluxe Moisturizer. It has SPF and is light-weight. However, I love this stuff because I can build it up to make it thicker or just dot on problem areas for light coverage. Pictured below.
- When it comes to eyeshadow, leave the pricey stuff at home. I'm totally smitten with the Wet N Wild palettes. They're super cheap ($5) and heavily pigmented. I liked this palette because I can use it for neutrals or add just a little bit of color. And stretch the palette further by mixing shades.
- The best eyeliner I've used is Urban Decay's. I'm very frugal, but this is one product I splurge on. Any recommendations for dupes? I also smudge it out to make a smokey eye. I usually pack black.
- When it comes to mascara, two faves are Lash Blast or Maybelline One by One. I like these because my mascara can be light or built up for nighttime glamour without the clumps.
- Sometimes I pack blush, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I use my lipstick to make blush. This blush from Forever 21 looks hot pink but doesn't look ridiculous on. I also love the L'Oreal One Sweep Sculpting Blush. It's a little pricey for me (I had coupons) but I love a product that has multiple uses.
- I skip lip stick and sometimes pack lip gloss. But what stays on my lips is the Covergirl Natureluxe Lip Balm--with SPF and recently mentioned here. I'm also crazy about Maybelline Pop Sticks--they look like you've just eaten a Popsicle and smell like fruity candy. Bonus tip: to intensify the color, I add some blush on top of my balmed lips.
To get the look, here are the products I used. For shadows, I used the left side of the palette, just in the order mentioned on the package.
Brush & comb
Sponges & brushes
Deo, toothbrush, paste
Glasses, case, contact solution, case
Note--I don't pack polish or anything with a pump. The pump always leaks. I pack liquids in a Ziploc, so they won't leak on everything else.
I must know your travel beauty essentials! What's your routine?