Did you spend hours picking out the perfect outfit to wear the first day of school? Or did you just throw something on? I would spend hours! One year, I even did a trial run, complete with hair and makeup. I might've been a little crazy. And it seems that craziness has carried over onto this week! I wanted to post a cute outfit that (a) could be worn the first day of school (b) is versatile AND adaptable--like this can be worn to work or adapted according to the weather (c) is inexpensive (d) is basic that could be dressed up or down. Hopefully, I addressed all of those issues. Let's see what I came up with:
- I started off with this pink ruffled tank. It's cute and girly. $15
- Even though it's hot outside, classrooms can be cold inside, so I added a black cardi. Too hot? Add a short sleeve cardi or long/short sleeve button up instead.
- Add some black skinnies and you have a basic outfit.
- To place some color and interest, I opted for a turquoise necklace (only $3!) and these cute sandals.
- I'm not suggesting hair styles this week, not eyeshadow. Instead, I suggest a bright lip and long lashes. Normally I'm totally drugstore with mascara, but I splurged on Benefit's They're Real mascara and I love it!
Did you spend hours picking out outfits? Spill your fave Back to School or Work outfit in the comments!