The first post I ever wrote for Elle Sees was Summer Beauty on the Cheap. I brought this up because I noticed I published it coincidentally a year ago, and here I am once again writing about summer beauty! My, how far I've (hopefully) come. Enjoy!
So you wanna look cute this summer but you just splurged on a weekend by the water (I'm a beach girl, myself). Here are 10 Summer Beauty Products that are all under $20 (so you can spend your $ on important stuff, like pool-side cocktails!). Click the pic to learn more. Prices are rounded up.
Those are some of my cheap summer beauty products! Share yours in the comments. Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!
PS--You can find me guest posting over at Violet Sage's blog and Mode Moods. Go take a peek!
- $8 Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist...It's sunscreen, it's a spray, & it's cooling. Need I say more?
- $5 Rimmel Moisture Renew Lip Gloss...This gloss reduces dryness and has SPF 15. I'm sold. I keep one in my beach bag or purse.
- $3 Eos Lip Balm...This is my current favorite lip balm. The ball-shaped balm is super moisturizing and can even be worn under a lip stick. I love the Summer Fruit.
- $11 Sally Hansen AirBrush Legs Makeup...I admit I thought this was ridiculous when it first came out, but once I tried it, I was hooked. I remember in the 80s women wearing pantyhose with shorts (yikes!) to make legs look good. This is the much-better option! It gives a bronzy glow to legs and hides imperfections, like varicose veins. And it's water resistant. And it doesn't smell!
- $5 Goody Simple Styles Bun Spiral...A bit more chic than a hair elastic and keeps hair (even thick like mine) in place. I also recommend the Goody Spin Pin (see review here).
- $1 Elf All Over Stick...I like this product for 3 reasons: it costs $1, it's portable, and it can be used all over the face. Swipe it on cheeks, eye lids, or even lips for an instant glow. It comes in 5 shades.
- $5 Suave Dry Shampoo...This is a great-smelling dry shampoo, perfect to combat sweaty, greasy hair. Ok, that grossed me out just typing it. It does pretty well on my dark brown hair.
- $4 Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Polish in Sonic Bloom...A bright shade perfect for summer & it dries fast.
- $3 Secret Natural Mineral Deodorant...I sweat more in the summer (ok, who doesn't?) and I like to switch my deo to a something stronger. This is kinda like Febreeze for your body. I like the Lemongrass Mint. Try the Clinical Strength for an even stronger deodorant/antiperspirant.