When: July 22
Where: Target, grocery stores around Atlanta
Why: Shopping for Tequila Tasting (deets on this Thursday...stay tuned). It was so hot outside!
I'm asked all the time (ok, like once, from a lady giving me a side-eye while also staring at frozen peas) who/what influences my outfits. You know the usual answers: mags, street clothes, bloggers, or celebs...but what about music? True story--I have synesthesia so when I hear music, I see colors as well. Weird and hard to explain (email me if ya have questions), but that's what happens any time I hear a sound. But back to the outfit--I had the Ipod on shuffle while dancing in my closet looking for an outfit (you do that too?). Daylight by Matt & Kim came on and an outfit was born. Let's see what I came up with:
- I heard yellow and bright colors and remembered my ole yellow shorts, bought in a Monthly Resolution quest to brighten up my ole wardrobe (mine were thrifted).
- Next, I added a striped tank (mine was from F21, I think?).
- I already had the coral polish on my nails, via this post, and kept it on for the Tequila Tasting.
- For some additional brightness, I added a colorful beaded necklace.
- Class black sunnies and black sandals completed the look.
- My hair had curls in it from the day before, so I added a braid and five minutes later, I was out the door.
Has music ever influenced an outfit? What's your favorite outfit lately? Click the pic to see similar clothing options.
GIVEAWAY ENDS SUNDAY!