Happy 1 yr to ElleSees! I'm still excited about blogging for one year (as some of you giggle who've been at this for years!). Ok, onto the outfit. This outfit had intentions that ended up not coming to fruition as liked. Let me explain: this month I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to my style. First, I tried wide-leg jeans (much success). This week I'm going for a bold pop of color with my outfit. I also intended on wearing tights and red lipstick. I was influenced by outfits from Taylor Swift & Rachel Bilson.
- Intention: to wear this outfit this week. Truth: Didn't happen; this outfit is from Saturday! Intention: I figured maybe the pop of color could shake this nasty cold. Nope. But I did look cool reclining
lying down from feeling cruddyon Ikea furniture (anyone else head to Ikea on a busy Saturday & instantly regret it?).
- I scored my skirt from Forever 21 (now sold out in red) and stared at it. And waited. When spring decided to make an appearance I jumped at the chance. Intention: to wear this outfit with black tights, but the weather had proven tights unnecessary. How old is too old for tights?
- If there was one shirt needed in a wardrobe (aside from a white one), it'd be a striped one! (Worn here for example). Doesn't it make you think of Paris? Oui?
- Since the tights were a no-go, I changed it up & opted for neutral ballet flats, instead of black (ooh, stepping outta the comfort zone again! Ha.).
- I wore my hair in a pony--you gotta try HerCut if you haven't. I always think I look weird with my hair in a pony, and am constantly trying to perfect it. HerCut helps.
- I totally chickened out on the red lipstick & opted for red gloss instead. There's red polish on the toes too, if that counts! And I wore no jewelry (forgot! but unusual).
When it comes to style, what intentions have you had that didn't come to fruition?