My resolution this month is to step outside the box when it comes to my style. One trend I've been wanting to try is the popular-and-perfect-for-spring color blocking. If you follow me on Twitter, you got a preview of the outfit earlier this week. I took inspiration from WhatIWore, AllysonInWonderland, and Sonia's guest post on color blocking. I was really happy with the positive feedback I got from passersby. Here's how I wore it (and how to make it work for you):
- I have a cardi set in yellow & a cardi set in coral (from New York & Company). I simply took the tank from one and wore with the cardigan from the other. I can switch this look from coral cardi with yellow tank and have another color blocking look! Yay for multi-tasking outfits.
- These salmon pants, from the Gap, can easily transition from spring to summer.
- Since I really wanted to go all out with the color blocking, I added this turquoise necklace.
- My hair was straight and my makeup was subdued, since I'm wearing such a bright outfit.
HOW TO MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU:
Too much color? Try these options to make the color blocking trend your own.
- Choose two of the bright colors instead of all four.
- Keep it neutral. Wear black or khaki pants as your neutral color.
- Change your necklace from turquoise to black.
Are you into the color blocking trend?