I'm going through a bit of insomnia lately. Maybe my body is still getting used to "springing forward" with the time change? Regardless, I wanted to show some of my best tips for Faking a Good Night’s Sleep.
- Taking a shower not only wakes you up, but it awakens your skin as well. Washing your body with this coffee body scrub will perk you up. See how I made my own brown sugar scrub here.
- Coffee isn’t your thing? Awaken your face with this Clean & Clear In Shower Facial (see review here). The citrus smell is wonderful and leaves skin softened.
- No time to wash your hair? Try this Nick Chavez Conditioning Spray or your fave dry shampoo. Style as desired.
- Now that your face, body & hair are refreshed, it's time to work on the eyes. Since most can tell the lack of sleep via the eyes, I spend most of my time on this area.
- To combat puffy eyes, I recommend these Cucumber Pads (more effective than the real thing, imo). Place on the eyes for 10 min and puffiness disappears.
- Another option is the Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle roller. It doesn’t get rid of dark eyes completely, but really helps with the puffiness. Follow up with your fave concealer (Benefit has several great options).
- To make eyes look bright, line eyes in white eyeliner. Tip: I also use the white eyeliner under my fingernails to make them look whiter/cleaner.
- To help bring out lashes, I use Cover Girl's Lash Blast, one of my fave mascaras.
- Dusting some Sonia Kashuk Brightening Powder helps brighten my face.
- For a little color, I apply gel blush on my cheeks and lips.
- I also drink lots of
coffeewater & eat an apple during the day to further awaken me!
How do you fake a good night's sleep?