The next couple of week I'll be featuring outfits inspired by my favorite 90s tv shows. Random topic, right? Ha. Welcome to my blog. This week is my fave show from high school, My So-Called Life. Of course it only lasted one season, as do many of the shows I like! Angela Chase, the main character, was trying to figure out who she was as she struggled through high school. I had the soundtrack and crushed after Jared Catalano. I waited for Tino to show up and hang out. He never did.This show was so, like, real, and finally showed the struggle of high school. It was akin to the John Hughes movies of the 80s, but a drama for Generation X.
- I loved how the characters constantly wore things over and over in the series. Because of cheap budget? No! Because this show was like, real. They wore key pieces that were remixed. I updated the 90s grunge look for my inspiration.
- I started with this plaid shirt. Plaid, esp. flannel, was a big part of the 90s and the grunge look. Angela loved her plaid shirts. I love mine from American Eagle. Mine's red, like Angela's dyed hair.
- Angela always wore a lot of layers, so I added a t-shirt underneath. The shirt says "love is like forever" and is a play on how the show constantly used the word "like" in its dialogue (and as I've done cheekily in this post).
- Some cords or skinny jeans are also part of the look.
- Since Jordan and Rayanne always wore leather & bead accessories, I added a bracelet.
- Makeup was simple, so here's a lips & cheeks product that easily fits in that Jansport backpack.