When I first started this blog, I would share weekly happenings in Atlanta. I thought I'd revisit that today. Atlanta in autumn is simply sublime. There's so much to do! Here are some of my favorite things to do in Atlanta, in Autumn.
Piedmont Park in the Fall
- I love to see the leaves fall like glitter and hear them crunch under my feet. Surely I'm not the only one, right? The weather's nicer and I can enjoy the outdoor markets before it gets too cold. AND amazing live music.
- Burt's Pumpkin Farm is my fave (they have hay rides too), but here is a list of even more places to pick the perfect pumpkin.
- Visit Ellijay, GA to tour an apple orchard.
- My fave tour is the Roswell Tour that I've written about here.
- There are plenty more ghost tours and cemetery tours as well
- I can't believe how many of these there are. Go see here.
- Fall Festivals have always been a fave of mine. There is a giant list of ones in Atlanta (or around it) here.
- Helen, GA is a town that is a permanent German village. They have some great Oktoberfest events.
- I can't wait to see the activities, listed here.
The Drive In
- Starlight Drive In is a great autumn activity. You can hear the crickets chirping and feel the breeze blowing, all while watching a movie either in your car or in chairs.
What are your fave things to do for fall in your city?