Here are some excellent tips on saving money in college:
- Do you have a roommate or suite-mates? One way to save money is to get a membership to a wholesale club, like Sam's or Costco.
- If you’re dedicated and focused, earning a degree through accredited online colleges means you can save money on housing by living at home.
- Can't afford the meal plan (or just don't want to?) Here's the way to eat on $2 a DAY.
- Sick? Visit the campus doctor for free! I often found that meds were either really cheap or free!
- Wanna make your own food on the cheap? Budget Bytes has it all ready to go!
- What takes all of your budget in college? Makeup, beauty products, and shopping. Below are some great links/advice on how to save that money!
- Makeup and other beauty products are something we surely splurge on. However, the college budget doesn't always allow for it. Here's some advice via carmindy.com
- Want to create that blow out at home? This video shows you how!
- Mani/pedis are a luxury that can be easily recreated in the dorm. I posted a DIY about this using acne pads as an exfoliant. They really work!
- Is shopping what does you in? College Candy has great advice on saving money.
- I also recommend shopping at Plato's Closet, thrift stores, Target, renttherunway.com, H&M, and Forever21.
How did you save money in college?