Have the parents cut you off? Where did the scholarship money go? Has your bank account suddenly gotten smaller? And who knew books would cost so much? Let's talk about some ways to make some money!
- Get a job (ok, enough with the obvious!)
- Once school has started, contact the registrars office for unused scholarships that the school offers. You'd be surprised how many scholarships aren't applied for!
- As a student you usually get free tickets to sporting events. Sell these for quick cash!
- Fix computers
- Get a paid internship
- Be a personal trainer
- Sell your notes or tests
- Be a nanny
- Clean houses
- Be an officer of a club--many get a stipend or free books
- Become an RA (resident assistant) for free room and board
- Sell your clothes, books, and/or games.
- Referee games
- Get paid to do a study! Some psychology departments or medical departments conduct studies or tests. For example, I did a sleep study for pay.
- Sell blood, bone marrow, plasma or platelets (if you're desperate). You will help people!
How did you make money in college? What're your suggestions?